Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Improvisation

[Ash and I] [LN]

Ash and I have started improvising - two hours at a time, at least once a week. Together we move and are still; we lie, sit, kneel, squat, crouch and stand; we alternate between lying, sitting, kneeling, squatting, crouching and standing. We speak with one voice; we tell stories one word at a time; we alliterate. We initiate; we respond. We make conscious choices; we make unconscious choices. Ash has a particularly analytical outlook on life - he identifies component elements and creates categories like they're going out of fashion. I'm a little more fuzzy around the edges. Consequently he drives the agenda somewhat. (but I'm not saying that's a bad thing).

We might perform something in a few months' time based on entrances, exits, revealing and concealing.

Currently I'm interested in exploring the transition from moving to speaking. I'm also striving to maintain an awareness of what's happening behind my back.

5 comments:

Emma said...

is that a pronounced paranoia? or is that a performance thing?

:)

Andrew said...

You can never be too careful ...

Anonymous said...

All these people... such hot & cool people.

Andrew said...

Ohhh ants ... If I had known you were coming to visit my humble blog I would have tidied up a bit.

and yes ... hot and cool does describe me well. So what do you bring to the table?

Anonymous said...

What do I bring to the table??? I AM the table!


mhmm a little too messianic maybe?