Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Chihuahua Crochet Challenge!

Following my initial photo essay on Minestrone Soup, I asked for any suggestions as to future photo essays. Somewhat facetiously, Emma wrote: 'I want to see a photo essay on how to crochet a multicoloured frilly winter jacket for your Chihuahua - and yes, I want live chihuahua involvement...' Well, Emma, as with all my treasured readers, I take your suggestions seriously.

Here is my response:


1. Purchase a Chihuahua. Make cutesy faces at it to put it at ease. Say 'Who's a georgeous little boy!' repeatedly.




2. Start crocheting. Red is a nice colour.




3. Crocheting is hard work on your eyes and fine motor skills. Like me, you may require some serious nourishment after a hard crocheting session.




4. Chihuahuas are tasty. In fact, Chihuahuas are tastiest when sauteed in a light butter sauce ...





5. Mmmm ... sit and enjoy! It's good to the last bite!



2 comments:

Emma said...

Jon says "very nice work" but I say did you eat the frilly crocheted jacket as well???

Man, with those kind of photoshop skills you should go into conterfeiting money!!! And I bags patent on the idea and a 40% cut of the booty!!!

And Jon suggests that we make a limited edition $25 with Andrew Katay one on side and Guy Sebastian on the other ... and perhaps a $5.50 note with John & Mrs Howard on it, to remember that he gave us the GST.

Rachel said...

I'm both grossed out and laughing - bit too much for a vego to handle. Maybe next time you should knit an eggplant jumper.