Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ignite

Life plods on post-thesis. I've got heaps of work going - which I'm happy about, don't get me wrong! - but it feels like I'm on a bit of treadmill (and not in the fun OK Go sense). As soon as I've got the prep done for one class I'm on to the next. What ever happened to the idea of churning out a couple of journal articles??

However ... a bit of light on the horizon is Ignite, a Christian Film Festival on this Saturday night in the Sydney Town Hall (from 7pm). To enter, all films had to be less than 15mins in duration and be based on a biblical passage that contains the word 'fire'. The top 15 finalists will be shown on the night, all competing for the People's Choice Award and the coveted 'Golden Sparkie'. Tickets are $18. I'm co-hosting again this year (and making a brief appearance on the screen too). So, if you read this, are in Sydney, and find the whole idea even vaguely interesting, why not come along and enjoy the night! See www.ignite.tvs.net.au for further details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mifler!! how goes you? thought I'd drop you a line now that I found your blog! must have you and the little wife round to share victuals some night soon.

Emma said...

When was it? did we miss it? we did!

how did it go?

i was sadly marking until 2:15am that night... on a saturday... and I'm still not even half way through!!!