Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rumours...

Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated! Over the week that has (almost) gone by since my previous post I have:

1 - Listened to Björk's SelmaSongs repetitively.

2 - Hosted a Short Film Festival in the Town Hall. (and yes, it did go reasonably well...)

3 - Been sad at the death of Steve Irwin (and then had to hide myself away from the intense maelstrom of hypocritical media fanfare about how mighty, heroic and all conquering he was! If one more person mentions the word 'larrikin' in my hearing - no matter what the context - I'm going to inflict some serious damage by inserting my cricket bat up their left nostril sideways.)

4 - Read Creating Frames: Contemporary Indigenous Theatre by Maryrose Casey.

5 - Delivered a lecture entitled 'Narrative and Performance Segmentation' and resisted the intense desire to play for laughs (Not appropriate).

6 - Watched as my dear wife desperately sifts through mountains of year ten Romeo & Juliet assignments.

7 - Fallen asleep on the couch (twice).

8 - Had a conversation with a Grey Currawong (he was the strong silent type).

9 - Had two cups of chai.

10 - Held one conversation with myself during a tutorial and four while in the shower.

11 - Opened a bank account.

12 - Marvelled at the beauty of the morning sun (three times).

13 - Sat beneath the casuarinas on the banks of the Georges River and listened to the wind.

14 - Realised that there is a scrapbooking shop in Padstow Heights.

15 - Recieved two phonecalls from friends wanting costumes (one wanted to look medieval, the other like Jesus - hey, the same sack suited both!)

6 comments:

Emma said...

Andrew Andrew!! I liked that one... Was one of the couch-fallings-asleep at out place or did both occur at our place?

why inappropriate to play for laughs? isn't that always appropriate except excessively in sermons?

so - what did you buy for your scrapbook? :)

We saw The Tempest last night and it was FAB but I'm intrugued to hear your and Anth's thoughts about John Bell as Prospero and the formation of his character if that makes sense? there's probably theatre-nerd words for it that I don't know. Anyway, you'll enjoy it I think. Stefano, Caliban and Ariel are fantastic!

Emma said...

one more for the counter, eh?

Rachel said...

Yeah Your secret penchant for scarpbooking is now no longer...

Can I come to your next workshop?

Actually when I told my freind who KNOWS computer stuff your analogy of templtae blogs being the equivalent of scrapbooking in the art world. He agreed.

glad you are back!

Andrew said...

Yes Emma, I think that at least two of those fallings asleep were on the couch at your place. I'm very sorry about that too.

Glad to hear that The Tempest was pleasing ... we're off to see it on the 14th of October, so we'll get back to you.

And Rachel, yes ... I think there's a little scrapbooker inside all of us just wanting to make a mark with the aid of some clag glue and raffia.

Anonymous said...

Delivered a lecture entitle 'Narrative and Performance Segmentation' and resisted the intense desire to play for laughs (Not appropriate).

What does that even mean? I have no idea.

Andrew said...

Personally I have no idea either ... that was why I was tempted to play for laughs.